Sunday, August 23, 2009

Extra Terrestrials

For those of you who may not be familiar with the semi-seasonless weather we have here in northern Colorado we call this time, not winter. But that is a subject for another post. For now I would like to take a moment and give a shout-out to my newest and best-est fly friend the ant. I have heard that some people have quite a lot of success fishing terrestrials in the mid months of not winter, here in the Land of the Mighty Upper.


An incredibly simple pattern to tie the foam ant has been most productive for me the past few weeks. My fishing partners have begun calling me Ant Boy. One particularly adept angler and fly dresser has pointed out , time and time again I might add, that anyone can tie and almost anyone can fish an ant pattern successfully. My reply to this is a big fat, and?.


This year I have caught several trout over 20” on an ant pattern. I have netted two that were over 24” it has been the most productive pattern in my box. So why should I feel shame for using it? Why is it we Is it we classify some patterns as “junk”? And why should terrestrials fall into that category?

Junk forever and end Antism now!

Thanks,

Tim aka the ant boy....I need to get a cool costume and a logo


BTW the fishing here in the Land of the Mighty Upper is terrible. So please stay in Denver and fish the front range.

Thanking you in advance,

TM

No comments:

Post a Comment